What you get for your membership
Are you concerned that the competition side is not for you - click here to see that it really is for everyone!
Part-time General Manager to liaise with Federal Government and sporting associations on a whole range of issues, both within Australia and on the International sporting scene.
- Part-time Operations Manager to administer the sport including IT, Technical andCoachingportfolios.
- Negotiation of a comprehensive insurance cover specifically forMasters SwimmingAustralia members.
- NationalBoardmeetings held twice yearly to set policy and review programs and rules.
- Organisation of timetable and program for Annual National Swim Meets and Masters Games.
- A National E-newsletter includingCoachingand Technical information distributed to all members who ‘tick the box’.
- Nationally recognisedCoachingAccreditation and Technical Officials accreditation
- Records kept at National level on portal on the website and distribution of World Records
- Submission and production of National Top 10 annually for women, men and relays.
- Production of National Aerobic Trophy results.
- Provision of awards, publications, merchandise etc.
- Provision of National badged clothing.
- Establishment and review of safety policies for clubs and swim meets.
- Full-time Executive Officer to manage day-today affairs ofMasters SwimmingWA and represent our sport to government and other organisations.
- 6-weeklyBoardmeetings to set and review activities of the association, with quarterly E-News distributed to clubs and members electronically.
- Provision of updated State, National and World swim records at interclub swim meets.
- Sanctioning of approximately 17 BE ACTIVE and Distance swim meets per year to ensure quality and safety of these meets including provision of medical cover.
- Sanctioning of 10 OWS events conducted annually by MSWA clubs.
- Welcome/Information Kit sent to all new members via Club Contacts.
- Organisation of OWS and Pool State Championships each year.
- Scheduling and production of calendar for pool swim meets.
- Collation and production of annual OWS calendar.
- Annual Awards, which include Coach of the Year, Official of the Year, McDonald Club Administration Award, Service Award and nominations for external awards.
- Opportunity to become an accredited Masters Coach.
- Opportunity to become qualified as a Referee or any other technical official.
- Annual Report produced and available through Club Contacts.
- Website updated weekly with club contacts, event material, resources , technical course flyers & registration forms, coaching tips and course information.
- A safe and managed environment to keep fit, have fun, and form friendships.
- A welcome/information package including handbook.
- Training partners.
- A supports system for starters and improvers.
- Measuring sticks for improvement such as time trials, aerobic swims, Top Ten lists.
- Social events as organised by your club.
- A Committee to run the Club by holding regular meetings.
- Coachingby qualified Masters coaches in many clubs.
- Opportunity to participate in hosting a BE ACTIVE Club Challenge or Distance Swim meet per year.
- Opportunity to compete at chosen level of competition for records or inclusion in Top Ten Results.
- Provision of Club’s uniform/clothing.
- Opportunity to learn management and other skills.
[BACK TO TOP]